Thursday, October 11, 2012

The day I filled up petrol on my own...

Yes.. I never fill up petrol on ma won! I will let my hubby or any helper at Petrol station to do it for me. But i made my own record yesterday night (i will remember the date 101012)!

The story begun when i had to standby at the office to do some works with the bosses. We finished at about 7.00 pm after settling some chores. I usually using the Jenderam road but becoz it was raining and dark, i prefer to use the Dengkil-Warisan road.

Oil tank capacity: 32km ( I can make it to my home! Yeay!)

The traffic was smooth until the Dengkil traffic light, the traffic was very congested. I still believe i can go home safely and I'll ask my hubby to fill up the tank for me when he got home later. The traffic didn't move at all for 30 mins!

Oil tank capacity: 14km (I guess i can make it to my home! Can I?)

When it reached to the traffic light, I took a short cut to make a U-turn because i knew i have to wait for 2 mins for it to turn green.

Oil tank capacity: 5km (I cant make it, i knew it! Where's the next Petrol Station? Damn!) 

I was so panic, i cant think at all, i tried to call hubby but i cant dial his no! Im sweating in a cold car! I knew i cant make it and i will be stuck in the middle of the dark road. I was so afraid and almost cry because the nearest Petrol Station is the Kota Warisan Shell and it is about 5km++ from me! But i kept on praying, i was fasting and so hungry, i hope that a miracle can happen and the petrol left enuff for me to reach Shell. I drove slowly and slowly and i could feel Mr.H was going to stop any time.

3 km away from Shell.

Oil tank capacity: 2 km (I',m dead! Who's going to help me to push the car to the Petrol Station?) 

I pushed the window slider button. I switched off the air-cond and it was still raining! I didnt care anymore. My eyes stuck on the oil tank meter, i didn't even look at the side mirrors. The road that i took was the main road for people going to KLIA/LCCT/Nilai/Sepang. So it kinda busy road.

I saw the McDonald logo from afar, i almost there and then i look at the meter.

Oil tank capacity: 1 km (Miracle please, Ya Allah!)

Suddenly i remembered the incident when i 1st went lunch outside MoA with my MoA mate during my earliest day at MoA (Renn u must remember kan?).. Ayol was driving his car that time. Ayol's car stopped in front of the Presint 9 traffic light because the oil tank is empty! It was hot and we had to wait under the trees at the roadside.

I reached at the entrance of Shell.

Oil tank capacity: 0 km (Don't stop now please, few meters ONLY!)

And........ i made it!  The engine suddenly stopped. That's ok, i knew MR.H will be fully energised after i gave him petrol! (Thanks Allah.)

i went to the counter and paid. I asked the helper to fill up my tank BUT she told me that there's no helper right now. I was panic again! Damn! I never filled up petrol to Mr.H or any car before! How should i do it? I kept calm and went to Mr.H. I opened the oil tank opener, slowly i took the handler and put its nozzle into the oil tank, slowly i pushed the handler and I smiled! So, this is how people fill up petrol!

I made it. I felt relief. I drove home with happy face. I didn't want to think about me being panic before, i just wanna go home!

Reached home at 8.00pm, took out my BB and read whatsapp message from my colleague. She said i called my Boss and it put his BB to loudspeaker in their discussion even though he knew i was unintentional to call him! So shy! But i was happy that i got home by myself and I didn't called my hubby for help!

And from now on, i can fill up petrol on my own! Wait a minute, are all palm stations have the same handler?

InnocentMe

8 comments:

Deepa said...

Hahahaha, sorry for the laugh, but funnylah you. I understand anyway, because these days memang my hubby yang isi petrol. I tak suka gi petrol stesen sebab nampak muka semua orang macam tak genuine & nak rompak je.Good experience nyway. Memang boring nak isi minyak. Itu pun masa isi kena tengok kiri kanan if we are alone takut ada perompak ke, pembunuh ke. Paranoid tau. & yes, recently a lot of stations are changing their petrol fillers (is that what you call them?) into smaller but faster ones.

BaTiK_PiNk said...

kiera....cerita ko sama mcm aku la, tp luckily aku 'tahu' pam miyak sendiri...heheh.happened two weeks ago masa bertugas di rumah anak CM kawin. aku kena cover part IT di rumah pengantin perempuan di Batu Gajah, Merlimau belah malam. habis event pukul 1 pagi, dan aku drive sorang2 balik kem terendak. masa tu baru perasan bar minyak aku tinggal 2 je. mana ade petronas bukak kul 1 pagi melainkan yang ada kat jalan utama.....gile sengsara aku drive sorang2 dengan minyak tinggal sedikit macam tu....berdoa banyak2, jangan la mati enjin/habis minyak kat kawasan highway gelap tu dah la sekeliling hanya ada ladang kelapa sawit je.nasib baik bila dah sampai area bandar melaka, aku masuk area kampung lapan, baru jumpa petronas yang masih buka. dan-dan time tu aku tuang minyak penuh sampai tumpah2....gosh!!pengalaman sungguh..taubat aku!

rennylesa said...

wah...the funny side of you is here....hahahahahahahahahahaha


Jangan marah beb aku bukan gelak sebab kau x pernah isi minyak kereta aku gelak sebab lawak gila cerita ni..hhehehe

GOod experience for u indeed.

Macam sy dpat kereta sebelum kahwin..jadi memang sudah tau..TAPI kalau sy drive sorang I always make sure my fuel tank is enough! Tapi kereta macam ko...senang...sebab boleh agak lagi berapa KM boleh pergi...macam kereta saga huhu bahaya sikit...

:)

rennylesa said...

and 1 more thing....

semua pam minyak adalah sama..;p

thesweetlittlecat said...

deepa:

Agreed, im afraid of the perompak also. Luckily that time the petrol station was crowded with people!

thesweetlittlecat said...

Ida,

Scary kan, dah ler malam pastu gelap je jalan raya, kereta laju2.. mmg xnak lah stop tepi jalan.. org nak tolong pun xkan buka pintu! tp Alhamdulillah, Allah always takes care of our safety!

thesweetlittlecat said...

Renn,

Malu r I! heheheehe.. lepas ni i dah tau nak isi minyak... tp i xsuke the petrol smell! mmg tak leh bau, nnti nak muntah! sepanjang aku isi minyak aku tutup hidung sebab tak mau bau petro tu, pastu tangan gigil jek! :)

vivien_capri said...

hehe...kasiann,...

teringat lagi korang tersadai tepi jalan sambil tutup muka malu hhaa

well now, x payah takut lagi..boleh berdikari isi petrol da