Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Indian House warming in Seremban

last weekends my family went to my uncle new house in Seremban.. its my Uncle Mani's, my daddy youngest bro... he's having house warming, not yet moved in but he just doing the normal Hindu pray kinda thing before really moving in.. we arrived there at 5pm, a bit late.. but it was ok since all the tetamu gone oredy... i love the modern design of the house, the kitchen, the windows etc etc.. sorry, i forgot to take the pics... below is my dad, mom, lil bro and big sis...
talk talk talk 1st then we eat ok.. actually, we'll meet my dad's side twice a year only during Eids and Deepavali festivals.. so, its quite janggal to talk to each other.. hehehe
this is my Uncle's wife..
my nephew aidil..
a must: banana tree... i dunno y! deepa can u explain?

my family (Daddy's side)... uncles, auties, cousins

the Indian vegetarian food..
vege chicken kurma
fruits acar
soy chicken in chillie
y i always forgot this delicious kueh name??? deepa, help me again!
lots of other food actually but the pics are all blur.. i tried to snap the pray thingy but after thinked twice, i didnt think i shuld do that.. i shuld respect their culture... thats their privacy aite? ok.. done..
daaaaaaaaaa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

is that kuih vadey?

thesweetlittlecat said...

vadey erk? ye kot.. hihihih

Deepa said...

I am here. Hehehehe.
Banana trees are symbols of fertility and prosperity, If you look closely all banana trees used for special indian occasions has the 'jantung'. Why banana tree is because it is found in abundance in India and orang India banyak berpandukan simbol-simbol seperti ini untuk auspicious ceremonies.
The last kuih is called vadai. My favourite! Yummy.....and you made me hungry againlah.

thesweetlittlecat said...

deepa: tq tq.. after 27 years living as Mix Indian woman, finally i knew y banana! hehehe.. im afraid to ask my daddy actually.. :)

yeah, i love vadai makan with cili! yummehhh..

p.s. makan pns2 sedap kan? :)